The Neighborhood Watch Committee was formulated to reduce or prevent crime and make our neighborhood safe. The Neighborhood Watch program is for all homeowners and residents of the association. It is the hope that all will take an active part to achieve a safe place to live.
The intent of the Neighborhood Watch is implemented by:
- Maintaining a listing of all neighbors, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mails for communication purposes.
- Maintain awareness and report any unusual or suspicious behavior to the police. Write down descriptions of the person(s) and license number(s) of the vehicle(s) involved. Communicate this to the Neighborhood Watch Committee as well.
- Look after your neighbor’s house when they are away and ask them to look after yours.
- Neighbors keep a trusted neighbor informed when their house will be unoccupied for an extended period.
- All must help to report crime. If an incident occurs in a resident’s block, the resident should report it to the police and also to the volunteers of the committee assigned to that area. The HCW Club will also be informed to maintain a log of security problems and to aid the community in resolutions to these problems.
There is no regularly scheduled Neighborhood Committee meeting, however members of the committee may participate in annual training sessions. Association members may be contacted from time to time by their block captain to help maintain community awareness with regards to the neighborhood watch program.
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH COORDINATOR
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH SITES
This site will give you daily notification of crime in our (or any) neighborhood.
This site offers maps of sex offenders and crime reports from the Automated Regional Justice Information System.